Chief Medical & Visionary Officer
FL Board Certified Optometric Physician – Lake Worth & Naples
Fellow American Academy of Optometry
Dr. Salvatore DeCanio, a native of South Florida, is an experienced optometrist who specializes in advanced vision correction. LASIK laser correction surgery, intraocular lens replacement, cataract surgery, and corneal reshaping without surgery are some of his areas of specialty.
Dr. DeCanio acquires his exceptional reputation and years of experience with LASIK laser corrections, providing assessments and management. With over 15 years and 32,000 eyes of experience, Dr. DeCanio was the clinical and executive director of TLC Laser Eye Centers in Boca Raton for four years. Plus, in 1997, Dr. Decanio underwent a successful LASIK procedure to correct extreme nearsightedness to better learn and relate to LASIK patients.
Today, patients schedule consults with Dr. DeCanio for 2nd opinion consultations when they decide to undergo LASIK or cataract surgery. Dr. DeCanio’s straightforward manner and exceptional care before, during, and after the procedure ensure patients receive a phenomenal level of care.
Education & Achievements
- Solely owned and operated until 2000 a two-office private optometric practice called PALM BEACH EYES in Boynton Beach since 1981 and Boca Raton since 1992.
- Completed elective residency in hospital-based Optometry and Ocular Disease at the Veteran’s Administration Medical Center in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree with cum laude honors from the University of Houston.
- Cum laude graduate in Biology/Chemistry at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, NC.
- Co-Founder and Co-Chairman for 18 years of the nationally acclaimed Palm Beach Winter Seminar since its inception in 1983.
- Served as Adjunct Clinical Professor at Nova Southeastern College of Optometry and continues to educate colleagues at local, state, national and international levels.
- Since its inception in 2002 – 2018, Dr. DeCanio is a Founding member and served on the Executive Board of the Optometric Cornea Cataract and Refractive Society (OCCRS) (formerly OCRT), a nationwide group of the brightest eye care professionals dedicated to advanced vision correction.
- Worked closely with world-renowned eye surgeons and LASIK pioneers.